Friday, July 27, 2007

The Seed

On a day like today,


no colder than this,


a slight breeze came blowing,


and with it a small, innocent,


seed came flowing.




Over the tall pine trees,


that covered the summit,


drifting by a swift flowing brook,


this is the path that the tiny,


seed took.




There it settled,


in the warm, moist earth,


just like every seed knows,


it will use this rich soil,


as the seed grows.




The sky then covered,


by dense gray clouds,


plump drops fell and as they pressed,


this seed was buried further,


before it came to rest.




Now who will tell,


who will be the one,


to teach this new little seed,


how to grow big and strong,


and keep it from becoming a weed.



Now day turned to night,


and weeks into months,


but no one filled this big task,


no rules were laid down,


I know I did ask.



It was left all alone,


with no textbooks to study,


so do I dare go and see,


should I take a look at what


this helpless seed became to be?



Over the hill I did climb,


through the deep forest pine,


and along that rushing brook,


I sought out that little seed,


following the path that it took.



Finally I arrived,


to my great delight,


it was not an ugly weed that I found,


but a lovely yellow wildflower,


planted firmly in the soft ground.

No comments:

Growing Up Without Schooling