Friday, August 3, 2007

Thankful

I have had a very peaceful day today. I have been feeling very centered, very relaxed after a very stressful week. And there is something else I am feeling. I have felt this same sensation every time I sat down today. This feeling that somehow seems so unfamiliar to me. But, I am not sure why. And yet it feels so good, so nice. Maybe, I am ready to really stop feeling the pain that grieving for my father has left me.
As I set my ice cold glass down on the small side table next to me and reach for my thick novel that I am currently reading I have this wave consume me. I sit there grinning from ear to ear. I am feeling thankful. Truly thankful. Not for material things but for everyone that I have in my life. For Mark my devoted husband. For my children, they teach me something new every day. For Darleen for opening my eyes to new possibilities. For Miranda for starting the life learner group and for helping guide me when I have questions. For Rachel for reminding how to grow and change. For Tara for the possibilities of new friendships. For Amy and her hugs. For Elizabeth because she is so easy to share my heart with. For Kalena that is reminding me to love everyday. For Kime and Stephanie for their friendships. For Rebbecca for my first family sleepover. For my mom who brought me into this word and stayed home with me when I was young(yes, I truly look back on my childhood with happy memories). For my Dad who taught me the importance of being trustworthy and honest. For the wonderful friendship I have with my brother and his wife. For my perfect little nephews. For my grandparents and all the advice they still give me. For the love that God has for me. For the life I have, the life I live, all the friendships and love. My cup is overflowing. How I have missed this amazing sensation of thankfulness.

3 comments:

Tara W. said...

This post made me smile. I'm thankful for being able to meet and get to know you. It's a wonderful feeling, this thankfulnness, isn't it?

Miranda said...

Awww, shucks! I'm thankful I made YOUR list of things to be thankful for. ;-) And I'M thankful for your membership in the LVLL. You have such a pure sense of how to live life joyfully, it makes it easy for others to imagine, and SEE, how it is possible!

Darlene said...

I love you so much I am sooooo Thankful for the ear you lend, the advise I seek and the mentoring I would love and being so accepting to my twin I feel so accepted knowing that others like I (very strong free thinkers) are accepted. I want to be with you everyday I love your energy! Thank you Thank you,
D

Growing Up Without Schooling