Thursday, August 16, 2007

I heart my xbox

We are a family of gamers. We love to play video games. I can't even begin to describe the hours of pleasure I get from playing. But, I equate it to what one must feel like when they find themselves in pure joy. And I have found mine there. It helps me cope. It is my escape. In my games I can be anyone. I can do anything. I can make choices that I am either too afraid to or would never make in my real life. I find that I am thrilled by it. I am engrossed by them. It has helped me to deal with tragedies in my life. I have learned leadership skills. I have learned mapping skills. I have learned to work with others tacticly. I have learned about history. I have learned about farming. I have learned about types of guns. I have learned self expression. I have to use my imagination and creativity. I have to solve difficult problems that sometimes leave me frustrated, but through this I can grow. I have learned how to relax. I have learned too many other things to count. I really do "get" why kids love them so much. How can anybody say that a child isn't learning from this medium? Heck, I'm an adult and know that I have learned a great many things. And children are far better at learning than adults are.

Here is a funny picture that some one that I play with online made for me. It is my face superimposed on the box of one of my favorite games.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


And just to toot my own horn for a minute, here is my ranking on this game. Yes, 425. This is out of over 100,000 people playing. Ohhh, I'm KandyKill by the way.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

2 comments:

Tara W. said...

KandyKill..sweet but deadly!

Darlene said...

I see that dark fantasy side within you but I know you are nothing but sweet in real life!
Hugs,
Dharmeez

Growing Up Without Schooling