Sunday, September 9, 2007

Postpone


Yes, we had to postpone our trip to Disneyland due to my illness. We had planned on leaving on Monday and returning Friday. But, I would just be too miserable and vacations are supposed to be fun. So, I had the difficult task of telling the kids. Needless to say they were very sad. Mighty Girl didn't hardly move from the couch the entire day. And by dinner Ice Princess was very angry with me. I have to admit that I was sad and angry too. But, I did manage to rebook our vacation. We have decided to go during Halloween. I was so excited about spending a holiday there that I couldn't wait to tell my girls. I even purchased tickets to the Mickey's Halloween Treat, it is a party filled with games, costumes, candy, crafts, dancing, and rides. However, when I told them about this they were not excited. They said it was too far away to be excited about. Isn't it funny how the concept of time is so different for children then it is to adults. To me Halloween is right around the corner but to them it is an agonising seven weeks. Oh well, I am excited.

3 comments:

Tara W. said...

I'm sorry you guys couldn't go :-( Hopefully the Halloween events will be 10x better than any other time of yr.

Darlene said...

I hope you are feeling better today then yesterday.

Loves you,
Dharmez

Tara W. said...

You've been tagged!

http://heartschooling.blogspot.com/2007/09/8-things-about-meme.html

Have fun!

~ Tara

Growing Up Without Schooling